Why Certify for ISO 37001?
Demonstrate your commitment to fighting bribery by using an internationally recognised standard designed by experts from over 20 ISO member states.
While the first step towards improving the effectiveness of your anti-bribery is converting your programme into a high-functioning system, the second step should no doubt be proving the merits of this new system to stakeholders. We often get asked the question: “Why should my organisation certify against an ISO standard when my country has strong anti-bribery legislation in place?” Besides the posibility that an organisation is operating or conducting business in a country where they are not headquartered (who may have weaker legisltation in place), there is also value to be found in things such as:
- Building trust with stakeholders
- Establishing credibility in the market
- Gaining a competitive advantage
- Stabilising partner ecosystems
- Becoming more efficient
- Essential to establish and protect your brand and reputation in the market
- Gain new new customers
- Retain existing customers
CREDIBILITY to show
- Proof of your commitment to anti-bribery and integrity
- Ability to detect and prevent issues
- Capability to deal with inquiries and problems
Everyone talks about the ROI for compliance, particularly if the organisation is struggling financially and tough decisions are being made. Show the value of the work that you have performed and the difference that your anti-bribery management system has had on your company by certifying against a reputed standard. This can also be a source of pride for professionals within your team, displaying to the rest of the organisation and themselves that what they have built is notable. A certification shows that you have been independently audited and that you are not only using best practice but are having it independently verified and audited.
COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE by
- Differentiating yourself from competitors
- Aligning with globally acccepted best practices
- Meeting bid requirements on compliance
Distinguish your organisation with a certification. This can both increase your brand awarenessand your brand image, with organisations identifying you as the "safe option". This recognition can offer a clear competitive advantage when bidding for government contracts or a key selling point when in competition for a new customer.
STABILISE ECOSYSTEMS by
- Gaining leverage with business partners
- Pushing down anti-bribery requirements to potential partners
- Saving costs through elimination of bad partners
INCREASED EFFICIENCY by
- Embedding anti-bribery into business processes
- Defining roles and responsibilities
- Clearly defining partner requirements
- Managing issues systematically
Having an ISO 37001 certification can't prevent every individual bribery occurrence. However, what it can do is ensure that the proper procedures are in place to identify issues when they occur and remidiate the system's gap so that the same issue doesn't occur again in the future. This assurance is only possible though if your system has been properly reviewed and certified by qualified external third parties, guaranteeing that it was built to the ISO 37001 standard and therefore effective.