Our Solution Overview
Understanding our three solutions. Which solution is right for you?
ETHIC Intelligence® is an assurance and certification agency with a focus on governance & compliance. Our long history of over 15 years makes us a World leader in certifying and assessing governance & compliance programmes.
Our three solutions are outlined below.
Think of Assurance as:
- a Gold standard of validation, review and audit for your governance & compliance program
- one level down from the more in-depth work required to obtain a certification under an ISO Standard.
Assurance is about:
- conducting a review and audit of a part of your governance & compliance initiatives against a set of published objectives
- checking that the your governance & compliance initiatives are matched to the underlying objectives or guidelines that you are adhering too.
- the underlying objectives or guidelines could be documented best practice, guidelines issued by an authority (like ISO Guidelines (but not certifiable Standads), the World Economic Forum, the UN, or an industry body)
- we issue a Assurance Certificate at the end of the process to Assure you and your key stakeholders that what you have built and operates meets those documented objectives or guidelines.
Assurance is ideal for:
- those risk areas where there is not a already existing ISO certifiable Standard in place or for where you have built your program not in accordance with that Standard and have chosen another option
- checking and validating compliance with objectives and guidelines that are aspirational or more flexible that a traditional (very strict) certification requirement imposed by an organization like ISO
- those companies that are looking to have their programs certified as compliant but there is not an otherwise available certifiable option from a certified body (like ISO), so the assurance is granted by ETHIC Intelligence (not in its capacity as an ISO accredited certification body)
Assurance does involve:
- an audit. It is not a ratings or self disclosure assessment
- review of material, interviews and some testing. Most likely a little less than a certification process under an ISO Standard, but it still involves an audit.
Think of Certifications as:
- if Assurance is the Gold standard of validation, review and audit for your governance & compliance program, then certifications would be Platinum.
- one level up from Assurance and involves more in-depth work to obtain a certification under an ISO Standard.
- a structured process governed by the ISO audit and accreditation rules that allows us as an ISO accredited certification body to grant a certification under a particular ISO Standard.
Certifications are about:
- conducting a review and audit of a part of your governance & compliance initiatives against an ISO Standard for which we can issue a certification as an accredited body.
- checking that the your governance & compliance initiatives are matched to the underlying objectives of the Standard that you are adhering too.
- the underlying objectives or guidelines will be a ISO Standard for which we can issue a certification.
- we issue a Certification at the end of the process that what you have built and operates meets the ISO Standard.
Certifications are ideal for:
- those companies that have built their programme according to an existing ISO certifiable Standard (e.g, built an anti-bribery management system according to ISO 37001)
Certifications do involve:
- a comprehensive audit conducted according to strict guidelines published by ISO
- an audit and are not a ratings or self disclosure product
Since our inception, ETHIC Intelligence has been at the forefront of creating standards in the Governance & Compliance Industry. In 2006, we developed the first ever standard for certification of anti-corruption programmes. We then participated in the drafting of both the ISO 19600/37301 standard on compliance management systems and the ISO 37001 standard on anti-bribery management systems (requirements with guidance for use published in 2016), which replaced our private standard. ISO 37001 became the first certifiable ISO standard in the area of compliance.
We know the Standards and have training programmes available for clients to learn the Standards and Guidelines that are practical, useful and will save you money by driving efficiency and knowing the appropriate short cuts to implementation.