There are three categories of groups that you can choose to certify under the ISO 37001 Anti-Bribery Management Systems Standard.
These typically fall into three categories:
The Mega Certification Company:These are the traditional ISO certification companies that have focused their business over many years in this sector. For these companies certification is only part of their business, along with inspection and testing a vast array of manufactured products which can span from automobiles to children's toys. These mega companies typically employ auditors which have a background in quality, environment and/or health and safety. You will want to check that the people assessing your anti-corruption system have experience in this area, have in-house legal, or have compliance expertise and experience with complex legal issues.
The 9001 Box Tickers:Some of these organisations are from the ISO 9001 quality management system space and are now looking to move into the certification space for compliance. Most of these companies take a tick-the-box approach to certifications, often issuing certifications without due review, site visits, assessments, and with minimal content expertise. This stems from their lack of domain expertise and ability to truly look at and understand the extent to which a compliance programme and management system it is fit for the organisation. They can see that it exists, but can't see if it is fit for purpose.
ETHIC Intelligence®:We are unique in that we truly have the anti-corruption and compliance expertise along with auditing and certification experience. Choosing ETHIC Intelligence® is the right option for organisations that are serious about anti-corruption compliance and gaining a certification which has real value and that they can be proud of.
ETHIC Intelligence® has the experience, expertise, and commitment to its clients to assist in the certification of their anti-corruption compliance programme. As one of our boutique offerings, we have these added advantages over our peers:
- Certification of compliance systems and programmes is all that we do. Our business is clear; we focus on the certification of compliance programs.
- Our in-house auditors are experienced. Many of them boast experience as former in-house counsel and compliance officers who have designed, implemented, and maintained anti-corruption compliance programmes before.
- Our coverage includes all areas of the globe, all languages, and all industries. We have over 45 languages on staff in our group, with all the necessary resources to manage large scale certification projects.
- We have the expertise in anti-corruption that many of our competitors simply don't have. This is essential because the ISO 37001 Standard is a substantive one and not a 'tick and flick' exercise.
- Our commitment to clients is unparalleled.