There are three categories of groups that you can choose to certify you under the ISO 37001 Anti-Bribery Management Systems Standard.
These typically fall into three categories:
- The Mega Certification Company. These are the traditional ISO certification companies that have focused their business over many years in this sector. For these companies certification is only part of their business, along with inspection and testing a vast array of manufactured products, from automobiles to children's toys. These Mega Companies typically employ auditors which have a background in Quality, Environment and/or Health and Safety. You will want to check that the people assessing your anti-corruption system have experience in this area, have in-house legal or compliance expertise and have experience with complex legal issues
- The 9001 Box Tickers. Some of these organisations are from the ISO 9001 Quality Management System space and are now looking to move into the certification space for compliance. Most of these companies take a very much tick-the-box approach to certifications and issue certifications often without due review, site visits, assessments and with minimal content expertise. That is not their fault, it's just that they don't have the domain expertise to truly look at a compliance programme and management system and understand the extent to which it is fit for the organisation. They can see that it exists, but can't see if it is fit for purpose.
- ETHIC Intelligence®. ETHIC Intelligence® is unique in that it truly has the anti-corruption and compliance expertise along with auditing and certification experience. Choosing ETHIC Intelligence® is the right option for organisations that are serious about anti-corruption compliance and gaining a certification that they can be proud of.
ETHIC Intelligence® has the experience, expertise and commitment to its clients to assist in the certification of your anti-corruption compliance programme. As one of the boutique offerings, we have the added advantage over our peers:
- Certification of Compliance Systems and Programmes is all that we do. Our business is clear; we focus on the Certification of Compliance Programs.
- Our in-house auditors are experienced and many are former in-house counsel and compliance officers who have designed, implemented and maintained anti-corruption compliance programmes
- Our coverage includes all areas of the globe, all languages and all industries. We have over 45 languages on staff in our Group and have all the necessary resources to manage large scale certification projects
- We have the expertise in anti-corruption that many of our competitors simply don't have. This is essential because the ISO 37001 Standard is a substantive one and not a 'tick and flick' exercise.
- Our commitment to clients is unparalleled.
ETHIC Intelligence® does not provide guidance nor advice nor consulting on the development of an anti-bribery management system. ETHIC Intelligence® is ONLY a certification body and we recommend all clients who are looking for a consulting organisation to help develop an anti-bribery programme to consult with other companies in the anti-corruption or management consulting space.