About ISO 37000 Assurance
Display the merits of your governance program
Being released in late 2021, ISO 37002 provides a global set of guidelines against which companies can implement and measure their governance system (the ISO 37000 Governance Guidelines).
Who can use ISO 37000 to build their governance system?
Private organisations: the company at large, a business unit or a subsidiary
Public organisations: administrations, services, political parties
Not-for-profit organisations: NGOs, charities, foundations, associations
Why choose these guidelines as a framework for your governance system?
Using a recognised set of guidelines like ISO 37000 demonstrates your organisation's commitment to managing your governance program in a profession al way that meets or exceeds all legal and regulatory requirements.
The Governance Guidelines provide you with the framework that you can apply to make things quicker, more efficient and aligned to International best practices. Building your governance system according to ISO 37000 helps:
- Build trust with stakeholders by following a recognised framework
- Establish credibility in the market by being seen to invest in managing governance effectively and without retaliation
- Gain a competitive advantage across your competitors by having a more well governed company and one that is seen to take governance and compliance seriously
- Reduce the risk of failures of systems
- contribute to your ESG credibility
Can we get certified if we use ISO 37000 to build our system?
There is no ISO certification available for ISO 37000 as it is not a certifiable Standard issued by ISO. It is only a set of guidelines and guidance on best practices. We offer an ETHIC Intelligence Assurance service instead of a 'certification' under the ISO standards.
ETHIC Intelligence has developed a host of solutions to help companies with the review, audit and assurance of their governance programs. We don't help companies build their programs, but we help on the checking, auditing and a program assurance to make sure what you have built conforms to the guidelines. We also provide companies with training on understanding the guidelines and how to implement them.
The ideal solution for most companies is to get some initial training from ETHIC Intelligence and then go about building your governance system according to the ISO 37000 governance guidelines. Then, when your company is ready, have ETHIC Intelligence conduct a gap analysis to gauge your preparedness for the Assurance process and allow you to correct any systematic problems that might be present before you go forward to start the Assurance process.
What does the Assurance process actually cover?
- Assesses an organisation’s total governance program: how it is designed, implemented, controlled and improved
- System design and implementation is audited:
- at the headquarters
- in a sample of locations where the operations are conducted
Is there a report and what does it cover?
- A detailed report of the organisation’s governance program is issued as it applies to the ISO 37000 Governance Guidelines
- A list of findings identifying non-conformities, opportunities for improvement, best practices, and observations.
Do we get a certificate detailing our Assurance?
- Yes. The Assurance Committee verifies that Assurance requirements are fulfilled and awards the assurance certificate for 3 years with annual surveillance audits.