A great workplace that attracts and retains talent
Great Governance attracts and retains talent.
We believe at ETHIC Intelligence® that great talent is attracted to companies that have a great governance and compliance system. Here are the ten top reasons why we think this is the case:
- No one wants to work for company where the Board and management are misaligned, constantly sending confusing messages and often are at odds with what employees think.
- No one wants to work in a place where the Board tries to run the company operationally and usurps managers and their roles on a daily basis causing confusion and double work.
- No one wants to work in an environment where the only corporate goal is to make money without regard to the community and the planet.
- No one wants to work for bribe payers, market manipulators, cheats or people that lie and mislead their way through business.
- No one wants to work for a company that leaves the planet worse off than it was before they joined it.
- No one wants to work in an environment where there are no guide rails, no rules, no guidance and no knowledge how you are expected to operate until it is too late.
- No one wants to work in an environment that lacks procedural fairness and natural justice.
- No one wants to work in a place that discriminates, acts unfairly across genders or emotionally harms employees with bullying or an unsafe work environment.
- No one wants to represent a company that they don't believe in its value systems.
- No one wants to work for a leader that can't lead and is more focused on self advancement.
A solid governance & compliance program is designed to address each of these concerns and build an inclusive environment where people can thrive.
We audit organisations’ governance & compliance systems to gauge their effectiveness in reducing organisational risk. We believe that if done properly, the 'G' in 'ESG' is a huge value driver to a business and our job is to help companies know whether it is, in fact, done properly.
We want to see, measure and value the benefits of Governance & Compliance to a business in terms of bottom line, customer growth, employee retention and partner engagement.
Not anyone can do our work. It takes years and years of establishing skillsets, credibility and accreditations.
We are an accredited certification agency to certify certain management systems according to the International Standards Organisation (ISO*) .
In 2019, after a thorough process, we were accredited by both ANAB** and COFRAC *** for the certification of the ISO 37001:2016 standard on Anti-Bribery Management Systems (ABMS).
ETHIC Intelligence will strive to not only offer audits/certifications against any applicable standards, but also offer our expert input during the drafting process. This has included the ISO 37002 standard for whistleblowing management systems.
While not every company will want to get certified, every company needs to have its compliance programme reviewed by an external party. This ensures that the programme is up to date with the latest best practices and that it has been effectively implemented across the organisation. We have recently developed our Compliance Progamme Audits and Benchmarking service to offer a solution to address this global necessity.
ETHIC Intelligence® does not provide guidance nor advice nor consulting on the development of an anti-bribery management system or compliance management systems. ETHIC Intelligence® is ONLY an assurance and certification body and we recommend all clients who are looking for a consulting organisation to help develop an anti-bribery or other compliance programme to consult with other companies in the management consulting space.
*ISO, the International Organisation for Standardisation is an independent, non-governmental international organisation regrouping 164 national standards bodies such as ANSI in the US, or BSI in the UK. These oversee developing international standards through a process of consensus. In 2016, ISO created a Technical Committee, the ISO/TC 309, specifically responsible for developing standards related to the “Governance of Organisations”
**ANAB: ANSI National Accreditation Board is an Accreditation Body based in the United States
***COFRAC: Comité Français d’Accréditation is the French Accreditation Body
(COFRAC Accreditation N°4-0609 List of locations and scope available at www.cofrac.fr)